Columbus Pedestrian Accident Attorney
A Caring and Responsive Team Ready to Get to Work for You
When a pedestrian is hit by a car, the harm they might suffer can be significant. In some cases, serious injury may result, and the most severe situations can be fatal. If you or a loved one was injured in a crash caused by another person, you may be entitled to seek compensation for damages you sustained. Because your top priority at this difficult time is your health, it's most effective to navigate your case with the help of an attorney who is intimately familiar with personal injury law and who can do what it takes to pursue justice on your behalf.
At Henderson, Mokhtari & Weatherly, our Columbus pedestrian accident attorneys are aware of the physical and emotional toll that can arise in these types of cases. That is why we can take care of every detail of your matter to seek fair compensation for you. We know that no amount of money can erase what you experienced, but we hope that a settlement can help you focus on your recovery without being burdened by other stresses. When you turn to us, you will have a team with over 70 years of combined experience fighting to protect your rights and best interests.
To learn more about your legal options during a free consultation, call us at (614) 918-4440 or contact us online today.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
When on public roadways in Ohio, both pedestrians and motorists have a duty to engage in safe behaviors that don't endanger others. For instance, pedestrians must cross intersections at marked crosswalks when available and yield the right of way to vehicles if there are no street markings. Similarly, drivers must yield the right of way to pedestrians in crosswalks and not pass vehicles stopped at a crosswalk.
Unfortunately, not all people adhere to these laws, which can result in an injury-causing or fatal accident. Additionally, motorists might engage in negligent or reckless behaviors that put the lives and safety of pedestrians at risk.
Pedestrian accidents can happen at any time and any place, and a few of the common causes include:
- Distracted driving: If a motorist is paying attention to something other than driving, they might not be aware of a pedestrian crossing the street, or they might veer onto the sidewalk.
- Drunk driving: Although laws prohibit driving while the influence, some motorists still do it. Sadly, doing so can compromise the driver's ability to operate their vehicle safely, and they could crash into someone out for a walk or jog.
- Driving through crosswalks without checking for pedestrians: Marked crosswalks not only indicate to pedestrians where they should cross the street, but they also alert drivers of the possibility of a person on the road. If the driver does not scan the intersection when traveling through, they likely will not see a person in the crosswalk.
- Walking without paying attention: With so many devices and other distractions available these days, a pedestrian may be engaged in another task and might not be paying attention to what's happening on the road. If they step into traffic without looking, they run the risk of being hit by a vehicle.
- Crossing in prohibited areas: If a pedestrian crosses the road in a place where drivers aren't expecting to encounter them, they could create a hazardous situation that results in an accident.
Get the Legal Help You Need
If a driver's negligence or recklessness caused your collision, speak with our Columbus pedestrian accident lawyers as soon as possible. At Henderson, Mokhtari & Weatherly, we'll leverage our knowledge, skills, and resources to develop a personalized legal strategy on your behalf. From the beginning of your case until its conclusion, we can work hard to seek the settlement you need.
Schedule your free initial consultation by calling us at (614) 918-4440 or submitting an online contact form.
Meet Our Lead Personal Injury AttorneyDedicated & Passionate Advocacy
What Sets Us Apart?
- 75+ Years of Combined Experience
- A Team-Oriented Approach
- Available 24/7 for Our Clients
- Unmatched Work Ethic & Passion for Winning