Cleveland Product Liability Lawyers
Get 75+ Years’ Combined Experience on Your Side
When a manufacturer creates and distributes a product, they have a duty to ensure the item is safe for use. That means along all lines of the manufacture and sale, adequate measures are taken to deliver a product that does not cause harm when it's used as intended. However, if at any point during the design, manufacture, or marketing an error or defect occurs and a purchaser suffers harm while using the product, the victim may have grounds to file a legal claim and seek compensation. Product liability cases are complex and require a significant amount of footwork. If you are considering taking action against a manufacturer because you were injured by a defective product, call Henderson, Mokhtari & Weatherly today.
Our team has over 75 years of combined legal experience, and we know how to seek favorable results for our clients. From the beginning of your case until its conclusion, we can provide the compassionate yet aggressive guidance you need. Our Cleveland product liability attorneys will clearly explain the legal process and will be responsive to your questions and concerns. Once we understand the circumstances leading to your claim, we can begin the investigation to determine who's liable and what your options are. We are not afraid to go up against large corporations, and we can protect your rights as we work tirelessly toward recovering just compensation on your behalf.
What Is a Product Liability Claim?
A product liability claim arises when a person is harmed while using an item distributed by a company.
According to Ohio statutes, a consumer may bring a lawsuit against a manufacturer or supplier when its product caused:
- Physical injury,
- Emotional distress, or
- Property damage (to property other than the dangerous product)
At Henderson, Mokhtari & Weatherly, we provide upfront and honest legal representation. Our product liability lawyers in Cleveland will thoroughly evaluate your case to determine whether you can bring a claim under Ohio law.
Types of Defective Products Cases
As mentioned earlier, issues at any part of the development, production, or distribution phase of a product can result in harm to consumers.
The grounds for a product liability case typically fall under the following categories:
- Design defects: A case may arise under this category when a flaw in the product's design causes it to be harmful even when used as intended. If such occurs, the product can be said to be inherently dangerous.
- Manufacturing defects: A consumer may have grounds for a product liability claim if, while the item was being assembled, an error occurred that caused it to be unsafe. A claim under this category differs from a design defects case in that the design itself was not defective, but some human or manufacturing issue compromised the safety of the product.
- Marketing defects: Often referred to as failure to warn, a product liability case may arise under this category when the manufacture failed to provide the proper warnings or instructions about the risks or hazards associated with the product's use.
- Representation or warranty breaches: When a manufacturer or seller provides a product to a consumer they are ensuring that the item is safe to use and conforms to industry standards. Some companies also offer express or implied warranties about the product's quality. If the product does not perform as represented and causes harm, the consumer may be entitled to file a claim against the liable party.
When you bring a product liability claim, you have the burden of proving that an error on the manufacturer's part resulted in your injury. This obligation requires that you gather evidence and build a compelling case to support your assertions, which can be complicated.
At Henderson, Mokhtari & Weatherly, our product liability attorneys in Cleveland can take care of all the details of your case. We can review reports, records, and other relevant documents and craft a persuasive argument on your behalf.
We Genuinely Care About Helping You
When you choose us, you won't be treated as just another case. You will receive personalized attention from a team concerned with protecting your rights and holding the manufacturer responsible for the harm it caused.
- 75+ Years of Combined Experience
- A Team-Oriented Approach
- Available 24/7 for Our Clients
- Unmatched Work Ethic & Passion for Winning