Cleveland Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Sound Guidance throughout Your Case
Because of the design of motorcycles, bikers are extremely vulnerable when on the road. If they are involved in an accident, they are more likely than a passenger in a vehicle to sustain serious injury, and in extreme cases, death. Since 2015, over 3,000 motorcycle accidents have happened each year on Ohio roads. Every year, over 100 of those are fatal collisions, and more than 1,000 are injury-causing. Although bikers may practice defensive riding, sometimes collisions with negligent or reckless motorists can't be anticipated or avoided. If you or a loved one was harmed in a motorcycle accident caused by another person, reach out to Henderson, Mokhtari & Weatherly to discuss your legal options.
At our firm, our Cleveland motorcycle accident attorneys are aware of the substantial harm that can result from these types of crashes. We also know that medical treatment for injuries can lead to hefty bills and an inability to return to life as normal. When you turn to us for legal representation, we can thoroughly investigate your case, determine liability, and work toward recovering just compensation on your behalf. We believe that you shouldn't be stuck with financial burdens that resulted from someone else's negligence. That is why we will fight relentlessly for you.
Common Types of Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents can happen in a variety of ways: A driver might have been distracted and turned left in front of the biker without seeing them, an intoxicated driver might have weaved into the biker's lane and hit them, or a motorist might have collided with a motorcyclist while changing lanes. Those are just a few of the causes of motorcycle accidents, but whatever the reason, the rider may suffer serious injury as a result.
Some examples of injuries that may occur in a motorcycle accident include:
- Head and neck injuries: A helmet can save a rider's life, but they may still suffer an injury, such as a concussion, when their head makes impact with the asphalt. Additionally, the sudden jolt of the neck after being hit by a vehicle or falling onto the ground can cause injury to the spine, ligaments, muscles, and tissue in that area of the body.
- Road rash: In some motorcycle accidents, the rider is flung from their bike and skids across the asphalt. The movement can result in layers of skin being peeled away. In some cases, it can expose the muscle, tissue, and bone underneath.
- Arm injuries: When people start falling, their natural tendency is to protect themselves by extending their arms. Typically, motorcyclists do this when they are flung from their bikes during an accident. Because of the speed at which they're traveling, upon impact, they may suffer broken arms, shoulders, elbows, and/or fingers. Additionally, they may sustain permanent nerve damage.
- Leg injuries: In a motorcycle crash, the bike might fall on top of the rider, or the biker may be launched from the vehicle and suffer injuries to their lower extremities, such as a broken leg or twisted ankle. In some cases, they might suffer lacerations or torn ligaments.
Often after a motorcycle accident, the rush of adrenaline prevents the rider from immediately recognizing that they have been injured. Regardless of how they are feeling right after the crash, it's essential that they seek medical attention to determine the extent of the harm suffered.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, it's crucial that you get the medical care you need. Then, reach out to Henderson, Mokhtari & Weatherly to get started on your case.
Available 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Cleveland are prepared to deliver the effective and personalized representation you need. We can work hard at developing a compelling strategy for your case and protecting your rights.
- 75+ Years of Combined Experience
- A Team-Oriented Approach
- Available 24/7 for Our Clients
- Unmatched Work Ethic & Passion for Winning