Cleveland Car Accident Lawyers
Helping Victims Navigate the Claims and Legal Process
According to the Ohio State Highway Patrol, in 2019, there were 209,237 crashes in the state. Of those, 1,041 resulted in death, and 5,983 in serious injury. Sadly, many car accidents are caused by drivers who act recklessly or negligently, meaning that several collisions could have been prevented. Fortunately, personal injury law allows victims of accidents caused by others to take legal action. Pursuing a claim or lawsuit is a way to hold the at-fault party financially responsible for the harm they caused. That means if you or a loved one was injured in a car crash, you may have legal recourse and can seek monetary recovery for accident-related expenses and losses.
The laws concerning your rights after a traffic collision can be difficult to interpret, especially if you don't have a legal background and when you are recovering from your injuries. At Henderson, Mokhtari & Weatherly, we understand the challenges you might face when trying to pursue a claim, which is why we can provide the representation you need to navigate your case. Our car accident attorneys in Cleveland have over 75 years of combined experience and a thorough understanding of the processes you must go through to resolve your case. With 24/7 availability and a commitment to communicate effectively with our clients, we will be responsive and ready to help when you need us.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Many factors are at play when you're traveling on the road. As such, several things can go wrong, which can result in a crash. The causes of car accidents vary widely and can arise from driver error, product defects, and environmental conditions, among others.
The most common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving: This is when motorists are not paying attention to the road. Their hands may be off the wheel, their eyes off the highway, or their mind off the task at hand. Distracted driving behaviors include but are not limited to eating, fiddling with the radio, and looking at passengers while talking to them. One of the most dangerous forms of distracted driving is texting while driving, as it requires the driver to disengage fully from operating their vehicle. Recently, it has become one of the leading causes of auto accidents.
- Drunk driving: Although state law prohibits getting behind the wheel while intoxicated, some people still engage in this dangerous behavior. When they do, they endanger the lives of others, as they are unable to operate their cars safely.
- Speeding: When a person speeds down the highway, their ability to react to unexpected hazards and safely control their vehicle is severely hampered. One wrong, wrong move while speeding can result in an accident that severely alters another person's life.
- Reckless driving: When people are on the road, they're expected to adhere to traffic laws. That means they must obey speed limits, traffic control devices, and road signs, among other things. If they violate a law or drive aggressively, they have breached their duty of care and may be liable for damages resulting from accidents they caused.
- Mechanical defects: Some accidents may be caused by the failure of car parts. For instance, a tire can blow out and cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle. If the mechanical failure was the result of a defective design or a manufacturing error, the company may be held responsible for the crash.
Call Today for Help with Your Case
If you were involved in a traffic collision, speak with our Cleveland car accident attorneys today. We can investigate your case, identify the cause and responsible party, and help you file a claim. At Henderson, Mokhtari & Weatherly, we can fight for you every step of the way, protecting your rights and seeking just compensation for the harm you suffered.
- 75+ Years of Combined Experience
- A Team-Oriented Approach
- Available 24/7 for Our Clients
- Unmatched Work Ethic & Passion for Winning