Felony OVI Lawyer Cleveland, OH
Facing Felony Charges for Your DUI in Ohio?
A felony OVI isn't necessarily different from other OVI/DWI charges—it is simply a point where penalties for the crime make a notable rise in severity. With HMW Law., you can retain tough defense to combat your felony. Our Cleveland felony OVI lawyers have a wealth of experience, from certified training in DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety to thousands of criminal defense cases.
Additionally, we have been recognized as:
- BBB A+ accredited law firm
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the National Advocacy for DUI Defense, selection of top DUI lawyers
Whatever your situation, our Cleveland OVI defense attorneys can handle your case. Call today!
Ohio Felony OVI Laws
Sentencing for an OVI felony works in conjunction with the sentencing of a repeat offense. The statutes regarding repeat-offender specifications and OVI felonies are irreconcilable and must be considered separately when determining sentence terms.
Ohio statute outlines the following sentencing laws:
- Third-degree felony OVIs carry discretionary sentences of 9-36 months in prison
- Repeat-offender specifications carry mandatory sentences of 1-5 years in prison
Ohio Penalties for Felony OVI
In order to be charged with a felony OVI, you must have received three DUI convictions within the previous six years, or five convictions within the previous 20 years. If you have a felony drinking and driving charge on record, every consecutive charge will be tried as a felony.
For a felony OVI, you may face any of the following:
- Up to $10,000 in fines and other fees
- License suspension from 3 years to life
- Mandatory minimum of 60 days in jail
- Additional sentencing for a refused breath test
Our Cleveland felony OVI attorneys can help you avoid the increased penalties associated with a felony DUI charge. Whatever angle we take—whether demonstrating that your rights were violated, disproving chemical test results, or any other approach—our legal team can provide the unrelenting defense needed to help you reach a fair and favorable resolution.
Top Attorneys to Handle Your Case
Don't hesitate to seek the aid of a seasoned legal professional in your felony OVI case. Our legal team is adept at handling the toughest charges, and can turn the most threatening evidence in your favor. With more than 75 years of combined experience, our highly-rated criminal defense lawyers in Cleveland have the legal insight needed to tackle your case.
- Decades of Combined Experience
- A Team-Oriented Approach
- Available 24/7 for Our Clients
- Unmatched Work Ethic & Passion for Winning