Challenging OVI Evidence
Nationally Ranked Superior OVI Attorney in Cleveland
Arrested for OVI? Your case is not hopeless! If you are facing OVI charges in the Cleveland area, you will benefit by working with our OVI defense lawyers. At Henderson, Mokhtari & Weatherly, we focus a significant portion of our practice on OVI defense, and our relentless dedication to and competence in the field of OVI defense can be readily observed by our heavy involvement in this area of criminal defense.
Our firm has training in combatting OVI charges:
- Members of the National College for DUI Defense
- Founding member of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Certified Training
- DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Certified Training
There are few offenses in our criminal justice system that call for greater attorney expertise that cases involving driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. OVI issues are complicated because they require that the defense attorney understand the scientific and legal processes that intersect in OVI cases.
Facing OVI charges? Don't give up!
Our Cleveland OVI attorneys are passionate about OVI and DUI defense; therefore, we are continuously receiving the finest, advanced-level training available to the OVI defense practitioner. We have extensively studied the methods employed in attacking field sobriety tests, chemical tests, and for cross-examining police officers and prosecution experts, and we can put our knowledge to work for you!
In every OVI case, we look at the following factors:
- Was the traffic stop lawful?
- Were the field sobriety tests executed according to federal guidelines?
- Was the breath test machine properly calibrated?
- Was the chemical test performed correctly?
- Do you have a medical condition that could mimic a blood alcohol reading?
- Was police officer misconduct involved?
- Does the dash cam evidence align with the officer's testimony?
Do you want an attorney who knows how to develop these types of defenses? If so, contact our office to set up a free consultation with a hard-hitting defense lawyer. We have prepared a countless number of criminal defense cases.
Unlawful Police Stops
Police are only allowed to stop your vehicle if they observe you breaking the law or about to do so. Actions such as swerving, speeding, or other means of reckless driving can give police the probable cause needed to stop you.
The key is probable cause, those indications that would cause any reasonably intelligent person to believe you have committed a crime. Police are not allowed to cherry-pick drivers or stop them at random. An OVI charge can be dismissed with the help of our Cleveland OVI attorneys if it can be proved that you were not driving erratically or in any way which would lead someone to think you were intoxicated.
Contact Our Cleveland Legal Team
We have over 75 years of combined experience and have helped thousands of clients fight their criminal charges, many of which were DUI cases similar to yours. When you face OVI charges, let our firm push for your rights and protect your future!
- 75+ Years of Combined Experience
- A Team-Oriented Approach
- Available 24/7 for Our Clients
- Unmatched Work Ethic & Passion for Winning