Robbery Lawyer Cleveland
Defense Against Robbery Charges in OH
In Ohio, robbery is considered a violent crime and carries stiff penalties. If convicted, you stand to forfeit your freedom. In addition, you will be forced to pay heavy fines and be labeled a convicted felon for the rest of your life. The good news is that you don't have to fight your charges alone; our firm is here to provide the counsel and protection you need.
Henderson, Mokhtari & Weatherly can offer you premier representation. Why work with us?
- We have over seven decades of combined legal experience
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week availability
- Free case evaluations
- Personalized attention for each client
Make sure you retain solid legal defense quickly if you are arrested for robbery in Cleveland.
Robbery Laws & Penalties in Ohio
Robbery is divided into two groups in Ohio—robbery and aggravated robbery. Crimes are then broken up into distinct degrees within those two categories.
Robbery consists of the following features:
- Having a deadly weapon under your control
- Inflicting harm or threatening another with harm
- Using force or the threat of force against the alleged victim
If a person has a weapon or injures another while committing an act of robbery, they will face second-degree felony charges, which carry two to eight years in jail. Robbery using only the threat of force is a third-degree felony punishable by one to five years in jail.
Aggravated Robbery is more serious. You can be accused of this robbery crime if you:
- Have and display a deadly weapon
- Possess an explosive or other "dangerous ordinance"
- Inflict or attempt to inflict serious physical harm on the alleged victim
Aggravated robbery is a felony in the first degree carrying 3 to 10 years in prison and up to $20,000 in fines.
Get Award-Winning Legal Defense Now
At Henderson, Mokhtari & Weatherly, our criminal defense team can work to protect you from a robbery conviction. If you are being accused of robbery in the Cleveland area, you cannot afford to wait to secure experienced representation to fight your charges.
Call our Cleveland firm today and schedule your free case evaluation!
- 75+ Years of Combined Experience
- A Team-Oriented Approach
- Available 24/7 for Our Clients
- Unmatched Work Ethic & Passion for Winning