Cleveland Marijuana Defense Attorney
Protecting Your Rights & Freedoms
The state of Ohio classifies marijuana as a Schedule I substance, which means that it is considered a drug that causes a high risk of abuse. You cannot legally possess, sell, distribute, or grow marijuana in the state of Ohio. If you are accused of any of the above listed drug crimes, you could be facing severe consequences, including jail time and expensive fines.
Our Cleveland marijuana lawyers have more than seven decades of combined legal experience and take an aggressive approach to our clients' cases. We are always available to talk with our clients, offering 24/7 service. Our firm knows how to handle tough, complex marijuana cases and can put this insight to work for you.
Penalties for Marijuana Charges in Cleveland
The types of penalties you face will depend heavily on the amount and type of crime you were committing. Ohio has decriminalized small amounts of marijuana, which means if you are found in possession of 100 grams or less you will have a small fine but no jail time or criminal record. Similarly, if you sell or cultivate 20 grams or less without any payment, you will not face jail time. Anything above this amount in your possession will likely result in harsher penalties.
You could be facing the following consequences if convicted:
- Possession: Any amount above 100 grams will include between $250 and $20,000 in fines and a minimum of 30 days to 8 years in jail or prison.
- Cultivation/sale: Any amount above 20 grams will result in between $2,500 and $20,000 in fines and between 1 and 8 years in jail or prison.
- Trafficking: For 200 grams or less, there is a $2,500 fine and up to a year in jail. Any amount above 200 will result in between $5,000 and $20,000 in fines and between 1 and 8 years in jail or prison.
You can also face charges for possession of drug paraphernalia, such as items used to grow, harvest, process, use, or sell marijuana. These charges can include up to $750 in fines and a month in jail.
Work with two of the most reputable drug crime attorney in all of Ohio. Contact our Cleveland drug defense firm to schedule your free consultation or fill out a free case evaluation online today.
- 75+ Years of Combined Experience
- A Team-Oriented Approach
- Available 24/7 for Our Clients
- Unmatched Work Ethic & Passion for Winning